Your membership support is invaluable to our mission to conserve the world’s bats and their ecosystems to ensure a healthy planet. After several years assessing BCI’s membership, we’re making some small shifts to our program to ensure your membership donations have maximum impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s changing about BCI’s membership program?
Your dues will not change (unless you decide). The only thing that changes for you is the date that you renew your membership.We’re streamlining our membership program so that your membership dollars can do the most good for bats.
- Memberships will now be renewed the same time each year, rather than the month you joined. Starting in 2020, members will be asked to renew in February of each year. Your renewal materials will provide additional details.
- You will continue to receive those benefits you love the most: BATS Magazine, the e-newsletter, and your annual invitation to Bracken Cave.
Why did you decide to move the renewal cycle?
This shift is meant to streamline our approach to membership—saving both time and money which we will re-invest directly into the essential work we do conserving bats. This also enables us to focus funding efforts at different times of the year for specific, time-sensitive projects, without causing confusion to our members and donors.
What does this mean for me?
Nothing about your membership is changing, except for the time that you renew. In February of 2020, look for your renewal information in your mailbox or email—and expect it to arrive at that time in future years. If you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this mean I should wait until February 2020 to join or renew?
In 2019, you should still renew during your normal renewal month. To ease the burden during this transition, those who join for the first time between October 2019 and January 2020 will be gifted their 2020 membership and won’t be asked to renew until February of 2021. Similarly, those members who are scheduled to renew between October 2019 and January 2020 and renew on time will be gifted their 2020 membership and be asked to renew again in February 2021.
Does this mean I can only join in February?
You can join BCI anytime and know that your membership contribution will be put immediately to good use. Regardless of when you join, you’ll be asked to renew in February of the following year.
What if I need to give my membership dues during December or another time of year for tax implications or budgetary reasons?
Let us know and we will work with you to make sure your member benefits continue uninterrupted. Please email email@example.com.
Will my dues change?
Your dues will not change (unless you decide). The only thing that changes for you is the date that you renew your membership.
Why support BCI?
Bat Conservation International (BCI) has been a leader in the conservation of bats and their ecosystems for more than 30 years. To be on the front lines of bat conservation takes considerable resources. When you join BCI, you provide critical, ongoing investment in proven, research-based solutions in preventing bat extinctions, such as protecting and restoring bat habitats, conducting field research to find solutions to the most critical threats, and training the future generation of field experts in bat conservation.
What are the specific benefits* of BCI membership?
- Free subscription to our award-winning BATS magazine, published three times a year
- Updates on our conservation efforts in our monthly e-newsletter
- Exclusive invitation for you and a select number of guests at Bracken Cave
- Members supporting BCI with a $45 annual membership and those who have added an annual membership to an adopt-a-bat may bring up to 3 guests.
- Members supporting BCI monthly or with a $60 or more annual membership may bring up to 5 guests. These members will also have earlier access to register for a Bat Flight.
- Discounts on select BCI Merchandise
- Members supporting BCI with a $45 or $60 annual membership and those who have added an annual membership to an adopt-a-bat: 10%
- Members supporting BCI with a $100 annual membership: 20%
- Members supporting BCI with a $250 annual membership: 30%
- Members supporting BCI with a $500 annual membership: 40%
- Members supporting BCI with a $1,000 annual membership: 50%
- Members supporting BCI with a $1,500 annual membership: 60%
*Benefits are subject to change
What if I have a question not listed here?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll assist you.