BCI’s Adopt-a-bat program offers a fun way to introduce the young and the young-at-heart to the world of bats. When you adopt a bat, you will receive:
- a plush stuffed bat toy!
- an official adoption certificate
- complete species profile information for the bat of your choice
Your support helps BCI preserve and protect bats around the world!
- $30 per bat
- Approximate wing size
- 12 inches
- Suitable for children
- 3+ years of age
- You will not receive a live bat
for only $25 more (total of $55), you can adopt any one of the below bats plus become a BCI member! (new memberships only, please)
A one-year membership includes
- subscription to BCI’s BATS magazine
- subscription to BCI’s e-newsletter
- an invitation to Bracken Cave for you and three guests
- the knowledge that you are furthering the conservation of bats!
- Annual Memberships expire in February of each year. For frequently asked membership questions, go here.
Where does my contribution go?
When you contribute to Bat Conservation International, you help fund:
- Research to combat White-nose Syndrome and help decimated bat populations recover from this devastating disease
- Focused research and conservation efforts to minimize bat fatalities at wind-energy sites
- Education projects to correct the myths and misinformation that produce senseless violence against these wonderfully beneficial animals
- Protection of caves and abandoned mines that provide essential homes for bats, and the conservation of key forest habitats worldwide
- Many other critical bat conservation initiatives around the world
Tax Deduction Statement:
- Under U.S.A. Internal Revenue Service guidelines, the estimated value of the benefits you receive by becoming a BCI member, including BATS magazine, is not considered substantial; therefore, the full amount of your payment is a deductible contribution.