- Wish List
- The BCI Legacy Circle: A Commitment to the Future
- On the Cover
- 106 Species and Counting: Bat Conservation Comes to Bolivia
- The California Leaf-nosed Bat, Sophisticated Desert Survivor
- Around the Clock in Rodrigues
- A Personal Portrait of the Rodrigues Fruit Bat
- What if You Went to School with Bats?
- Members in Action: Bob Wisecarver
- Meet Membership Manager Amy McCartney
- Chiroptorium Update
- Look for “Masters of the Night: The True Story of Bats” at these locations:
- Your Comments Welcome!
- Mark Your Calendar for 1999 Members’ Nights At Bracken Cave
- Annual Report Available
Your help with any of the following special needs would greatly increase our effectiveness. To make a donation, or for more information, please call Bob Benson at BCI (512) 327-9721, ext. 27.
Publication Binding System
With staff constantly producing research reports, workshop manuals, and educational materials, it is time to bring more of the production process in-house. An Image-Maker 1000 binding machine would let us bypass expensive print shops and create professional-quality materials more quickly and inexpensively. ($449)
Having an additional Kodak Ektagraphic III Slide Projector with auto focus, 150mm zoom lens, and remote control available for lectures, workshops, and conferences would be of great benefit to our program staff, allowing BCI to keep pace with an ever-increasing number of educational events. ($495)
Graphic Design Software
With 30,000 visitors each month, BCI’s web site must keep a fresh, graphically compelling appearance at all times. Our webmaster and our publications department need certain industry-standard software to be compatible with BCI’s many business partners and vendors. A donation of any of the following software packages, or the funds to purchase them, would be greatly appreciated:
Adobe Photoshop, PC version ($600) and
Macintosh version ($630)
Bryce 3D, PC version ($150)
Adobe Illustrator, PC version ($360) and
Macintosh version ($360)
Many thanks to J. Paul and Claire Burney of Conroe, TX, and to Jeff Allen of Marina Del Rey, CA, for their donations of Motorola two-way radios. We also extend our gratitude to Bill and Carol Haber of Westport, CT, for their gracious contribution toward the purchase of a new copy machine.