- Increase your conservation investment with a matching gift
- ON THE BACK
- THE BATS OF INDIA
- BCI Graduate Student Research Program Project
- The Tale of the Flying Fox Midwife
- A letter from the editor
- WISH LIST. 1995
- Look for “Masters of the Night. The True Story of Bats”* at these locations:
- A Special Thanks. 1995
- ON THE COVER
- North American Bats and Mines Project Makes Major Progress
- New Partnership Brings Innovation
- STATE BAT MANAGEMENT: The Arizona Advantage
- How to Help Bat Management in Your Own State
YOUR HELP WITH any of these items can make a big difference to our ability to function more efficiently. For more information, or to make a donation, please call Robert Benson at BCI, 512-327-9721.
Film Scanner and Software
In an effort to digitize and protect BCI’s vast collection of slides of the world’s bats, we seek assistance in purchasing a Nikon Coolscan LS-10E external scanning unit ($1,500). This will make our slides mor-e readily available for educators and scientists around the world, as well as allowing our Publications Department to work with slides and other images on their computers, thus reducing risk of damage to this priceless collection.
As a result of our continued growth, additional filing space is needed immediately by our Public Information, Membership, and Publication Departments. Three 36″ or 48″ lateral filing cabinets, 3 or 4 drawer, would be most appreciated ($400 each).
One of BCI’s urgent needs is for 8 megabytes of additional memory for two office computers. This will greatly increase the efficiency with which we can process and service requests from our members and the public. A donation in any amount would be of great assistance ($50 per megabyte, or $400 total).