- Illinois Department of Natural Resources: Partners in Action
- Join BCI in the East African Wilderness: A 2001 Field-Study Safari to Kenya
- BCI Invites Award Nominations
- Distinguished Service Award Presented to Fred Stabler
- Progress in Australia
- Live Action Bats on the Web
- International Year of the Bat
- Australasian Bat Conference Award
- Student Scholarships Available
- Cayman Follow-Up
- BATS of the United States. 2000
- New Scientific Advisors. 2000
- New Editor of BATS Magazine
- Masters of the Night
- Wish List
- The Art of Giving: Conservation-Style
- On the Cover
- Ghana’s Treetop Bats
- The Media Blitz that Treatened Bats
- Swamp Bats
Two great ways to make your money work as hard as you do!
Are you looking for that perfect gift that won’t be given away in next year’s spring cleaning? A contribution to Bat Conservation International is the solution. BCI members often make or request donations in honor of weddings, birthdays, graduations, or in memory of a special family member or friend. If you’re tired of getting ties every Father’s Day, ask that a contribution be made to BCI instead. Or, if you don’t know how you’ll fit all those wedding gifts in your already-full cupboards, you might request that donations be made in lieu of material items.
For monetary donations not designated as memberships, BCI will send the recipient a special card notifying them of your gift. You can even include a personal note. For gift memberships, recipients will be told of your gift in a letter sent with their new member packet. As members, they will receive BATS magazine four times a year, discounts on catalog items, and other benefits. You also may consider “adopting” a bat in someone’s name, either through the $15 Adopt-a-Bat program, or as part of a gift membership.
For whatever reason, in whatever season, conservation is always a thoughtful way to show you care. BCI offers three convenient methods for contributing:
1. Use the donation envelope in this magazine.
2. Go to the BCI Web site, www.batcon.org, and click on “Join and Renew.”
3. Call the BCI office at (512) 327-9721.