- Scientific Advisory Board Member from Soviet Union Appointed
- ON THE COVER
- BCI Moves with Help from R.A.S.S.
- New BCI Director
- Indiana Bats: Down for the Count
- Indiana Bats Gain Sanctuary in Missouri
- Vandals Destroy Hibernating Indiana Bats
- The Diverse Bat Fauna of Azerbaijan: A report from the Soviet Union
- Bat Education Programs for Latin America
- Congress Acts on Proposal for National Park in American Samoa
Dr. Irina K. Rakhmatulina, a prominent bat ecologist in the Soviet Union, has been appointed to BCI’s Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Rakhmatulina is a senior research associate at the Institute of Zoology Academy in Baku, Azerbaijan. She is especially interested in field studies of bats in East Transcaucasia, their population structure, reproduction and post-embryonic development, and their role in ecosystems. Dr. Rakhmatulina is the author of more than 25 scientific publications on bats and several popular articles on their conservation. Her first article for BATS appears on page 6.