- Bat Data Scientist
- Always Learning
- Fire Zone
- The Science Behind the Art
- Boosting Bats by Restoring Mexico’s Agaves
- Why Do a Few Degrees Matter?
- Unveiling Rainforest Mysteries
- Cryptic Myotis
- 20 Years of Pollination Celebration
- Remembering a Bat Conservation Hero
- White-nose Syndrome Confirmed in Texas Bat
- Virtual Bat Experiences
- Recover, restore, protect
Dr. Tom Kunz was a lifelong advocate for bats and conservationists alike
We were saddened to hear the news of Dr. Thomas Henry Kunz passing this April 13th. Dr. Tom Kunz was one of the most influential and sought-after people at any bat conference, and yet he had a way of making you feel that you were his most important conversation. Everyone he interacted with, from the newest student to the seasoned professional, learned something from Tom in every interaction, and not just about bats, but about how to treat others with kindness, interest, and decency.
We are deeply saddened to have lost such a great leader in bat conservation and a lifelong advocate for bats. As an organization that aims to inspire and support the next generation of bat conservationists, we thank Dr. Tom Kunz for his stewardship creating a culture of generosity that continues to influence many careers in bat conservation. We thank you, Tom, for everything.