- Courtship: Bat Style
- The Incredible Milk-Producing Male Bat
- Why Do Bats Use This Bridge But Not That One?
- WISH LIST
- Be a Part of the Founder’s Circle
- Look for “Masters of the Night: The True Story of Bats”* at these locations:
- Merlin Tuttle to Lecture in Chicago
- ON THE BACK
- ON THE COVER
- Are American Bats Losing Ground?
- Protecting our bats in our National Parks
- BCI and National Park Service Form Conservation Partnership for Bats
- What is Your Favorite Park Doing for Bats?
- To Save the Spectacled Flying Fox
AGAINST THE desert sunset at Carlsbad Caverns National Park, the flight of the Mexican free-tailed bats (Tadarida brasiliensis) is a highlight for many visitors. Many see bats for the first time at this famous site. The park has done much to help change misperceptions about these animals; as many as a thousand people in a single summer night listen to park naturalists lecture about the bats. See story on page 4.