- Distinguishing the Real BCI
- Photo Op!
- Bat Field Guide for Latin America
- Masters of the Night: The True Story of Bats at these locations
- Wish List
- Global Grassroots Conservation
- On the Cover
- A Colorful Future
- Bat Conservation Comes of Age in South Africa
- Where the Bats Are – Part III Caves, Cliffs, and Rock Crevices
- Origami and the Art of Bat Appreciation
- Members in Action: John and Jane Newman
- Members’ Night Sigh-Up Begins May 1
As announced in the last issue of BATS, we are once again offering BCI Members Nights at Bracken Cave this summer, and sign-up begins Monday, May 1. We hope you can join us on either June 17, July 22, August 5, or August 19 to witness the incredible dusk flight of 20 million bats from BCIs private, protected cave in Central Texas.
Members interested in attending should contact Mr. David Bamberger beginning May 1st. Please do not call or send anything before May 1, and please do not call the BCI office. Be sure to give your name, address, phone number, number of family members attending, and your first and second choice of dates, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com), or by fax at (830) 868-4639, or else by phone at (830) 868-7303 only on Mondays or Tuesdays between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm CST.
Space is limited, so please make your reservations as soon as possible. You will receive confirmation, a map, and trip information in early June.
The Lucas family of Kansas enjoys the last visible moments of a Bracken Cave emergence. On most nights, the bats begin their flight out of the cave before dusk and continue long after it has become too dark to see.