- Wish List
- The BCI Legacy Circle: A Commitment to the Future
- On the Cover
- 106 Species and Counting: Bat Conservation Comes to Bolivia
- The California Leaf-nosed Bat, Sophisticated Desert Survivor
- Around the Clock in Rodrigues
- A Personal Portrait of the Rodrigues Fruit Bat
- What if You Went to School with Bats?
- Members in Action: Bob Wisecarver
- Meet Membership Manager Amy McCartney
- Chiroptorium Update
- Look for “Masters of the Night: The True Story of Bats” at these locations:
- Your Comments Welcome!
- Mark Your Calendar for 1999 Members’ Nights At Bracken Cave
- Annual Report Available
Now is the time to plan ahead for this year’s BCI Members-Only Nights at Bracken Cave, home of the world’s largest known bat colony, owned and protected by BCI. We hope you can join us here in Central Texas this summer as we say thank you for supporting bat conservation. These private trips give participants a chance to meet other members and BCI staff while witnessing a unique sight: the incredible dusk flight of 20 million Mexican free-tailed bats (Tadarida brasiliensis).
This year’s dates are June 26, July 31, August 14, and August 28. These free member-appreciation nights are coordinated and hosted by Trustee and Bracken Cave Committee Chairman J. David Bamberger, with assistance from David K. Bamberger and the BCI staff. Only BCI members and immediate family are invited–no guests or pets, please. We must ask that all participants limit their parties to allow as many members as possible to take advantage of this exclusive opportunity.
BCI members interested in attending one of the Members-Only Nights should contact David Bamberger beginning Wednesday, May 5, at one of the following:
phone: (830) 868-7303 only on Wed. or
Thurs. between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
U.S. central daylight time.
In your correspondence, please include your name, address, phone number, number of attendees, and your first and second choice of dates. Space is limited to a total of 50 people each night, so be sure to make your reservations as soon as possible.
Please don’t contact the BCI office for reservations or cancellations. Mr. Bamberger has generously agreed to handle all arrangements in an effort to save BCI staff time and minimize confusion. After you have made a reservation, your confirmation, a map, and trip information will be mailed to you in early June.