- Wish List
- 1996 Sets New Record for Scholarship Awards
- Bat Conservation and You: Members’ Stories Wanted!
- Free-tail Workshop a Success
- MEMBER OPPORTUNITIES FOR 1997
- On the Cover
- Bat Awareness in Mexico Begins with Children
- Bats Aloft: A Study of High-Altitude Feeding
- Bats in the Hallway: A Different Kind of School
- Founder’s Circle Roams from Africa . .
- The Forgotten Pollinators
- In Tribute William A. Walker 1922-1996
- New Bat Facts
- Conservation Awards Will Benefit Bats
- A Note to Our International Members
Next year, 1997, marks BCI’s fifteenth year, and for this occasion we want to compile a collection of personal reflections on what it has meant to you or your organization or community to be involved with BCI and bat conservation. If you have a story you would like to share, we would appreciate hearing from you. The guidelines for story submissions are as follows:
U.S. members’ due date: Friday, Nov. 29, 1996
International members’ due date: Friday, Dec. 27, 1996
Please type, double-spaced, on white paper.
Include name, address, and daytime phone number in the top right corner of the first page. Fax numbers and e-mail addresses would be helpful also.
Length should not exceed 400 words without prior inquiry.
Pictures or other illustrations related to your story would be greatly appreciated. We can use slides, prints, or any camera-ready artwork, but please send copies, not originals.
Children’s submissions are welcome, but should present a cohesive story.
We regret that, because of limited staff time, we cannot return submissions, and we are unlikely to be able to reply unless we use your story. A selection of stories will be printed in BATS, and others might be excerpted or quoted in different BCI publications in the future. Everyone whose story is printed in BATS will receive a special gift. We thank you in advance for your participation in this project.