- The Future Needs Us All
- Apply for a BCI Student Research Scholarship
- Evidence Champion
- Virtual Bat Week
- North American Society for Bat Research Turns 50
- Fish-eating Myotis
- Saving Malaysia’s Fruit Bats
- Fascinating facts about Malaysia’s fruit-eating bats
- Out of the Darkness
- Which Came First: Echolocation or Fruit Bats?
- Backyard “Bativists”
- Ears in the Field
- Gene Genius
Graduate students can apply for funding through October 31
Conservation-minded bat scholars have until Oct. 31, 2020, to apply for the 2021 BCI Student Research Scholarship. To date, the program has funded 460 student scholars working in 70 countries around the globe. Master’s and Ph.D. researchers can apply for financial support for projects examining one of three broad topics:
1. The effects of human-caused environmental change on bats;
2. Understanding and resolving bat/human conflicts;
3. Answering ecological and behavioral questions essential to the conservation of imperiled bat species.
Additional awards are available for Women in Conservation Science and the Verne & Marion Read Bat Conservation Honor, which is awarded to a student who inspires education and community action to protect bats around the world.
Applications are open from Oct. 1–31, 2020.