Media & Education
WNS News Archive
WNS Fungus Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:29
The fungus that causes white-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Oklahoma. The presence of this fungus in Delaware County, OK, makes this the westernmost case of the fungus
Bats Battle Fungus Where They Sleep
- Published on Thursday, 13 November 2014 10:53
Imagine a world without bats — a world overrun with biting insects, a world where plants that rely upon bat pollinators might disappear. Debbie Buecher, a Tucson bat biologist, is trying to prevent that scenario from becoming a reality.
Potential Bio-Control of WNS fungus
- Published on Thursday, 02 October 2014 11:48
Last week, new research was published by Dr. Chris Cornelison and collaborators at Georgia State University.
Grants Awarded to Battle WNS
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 07:22
WNS Research Grants
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 13:56
BCI and TNC award $97,000 in WNS Research Grants.
USFWS Issues Extension
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 09:32
The USFWS has issued a 6 month extension on their decision to list the Northern long-eared bat as endangered.
Pd has arrived in Mississippi
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 07:37
The fungus that causes WNS has been detected in central Mississippi, marking the furthest southern detection of this deadly fungus.
White-nose Syndrome: Bat Fungus Has Killed Around 6 Million Since 2006 (VIDEO)
- Published on Thursday, 22 May 2014 14:11
Huffington Post Video