Media & Education
Bats Dive in for a Drink
- Published on Thursday, 26 May 2016 15:39
Without a good place to get a drink of water the bats at the Mimbres River are in need of some help. Are you thirsty yet?
Hope Flies In
- Published on Friday, 20 May 2016 09:17
Endangered species Day Doesn't have to be sad. Check out these stories of hope and see how people are helping bat populations soar again.
BCI Expansion: Membership Administrator Position
- Published on Friday, 20 May 2016 08:29
Due to departmental expansion, we are looking for a Membership Administrator, here at BCI. This full-time position will be based at our main offices in Austin, TX.
Experts unite to save the Mexican long-nosed bat
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 17:32
Researchers, educators, and government representatives met in Austin last week to establish a comprehensive vision and action plan to help recover this migratory pollinator bat.
Batty Dating Advice to Impress Your Valentine
- Published on Friday, 12 February 2016 14:21
For many, finding a mate can be pretty stressful, but not for male bats; they pretty much have it down pat. Here’s some batty tips for the dating scene ....
2016 BCI Scholars Announced
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2016 10:40
Congratulations to the five recipient student scholars for our 2016 Small Grants program. Projects span research and community education in the Amazon, Argentina and Mexico.
We Have a Winner!
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 18:56
The first ever recipient of the Verne and Marion Read Bat Conservation Award is revealed! Congratulations Santiago Gamboa Alurralde!
Protecting the Cave of Love.
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 14:07
In a cave in Central Mexico, love blossoms for a very special bat - the Mexican long-nosed bat. The quest to save an endangered key pollinator.
- Bat Conservation Africa Launches a New Chapter in Guinea
- A Christmas Miracle
- Milestones That Make Us Smile
- Become a backyard bat researcher!
- Mauritius Bat Cull Update: Death toll exceeds 20,000.
- Support bat education this #GivingTuesday
- Applications open for BCI Small Grants program
- Ecuador launches the country’s first action plan for bats