Media & Education
United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- Published on Friday, 17 April 2015 10:23
"This is a historic day for North American bats as they face threats far greater and widespread than they ever have before" says Mylea Bayless, BCI Senior Director for US/Canada Conservation.
WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED
- Published on Thursday, 16 April 2015 15:59
White-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Iowa. The disease of hibernating bats, having killed more than 5.7 million bats since 2006, continues to march westward.
Volunteer with BCI in Austin
- Published on Monday, 13 April 2015 14:47
Become one of our valuable volunteers at the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge in the center of downtown Austin!
Live Bats at the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll! BCI joins the National Park Foundation at the Easter event.
- Published on Friday, 03 April 2015 13:46
Families will meet four different bat species up close on the White House South Lawn and learn about the benefits bats have for our food production and healthy human lifestyles!
Northern long-eared bat protected as a Threatened Species under Endangered Species Act
- Published on Thursday, 02 April 2015 15:29
The northern long-eared bat, Myotis septentrionalis, has incurred tremendous losses due to the devastating impacts of White-nose Syndrome
BCI honored twice in the U.S. Forest Service's "Wings Across the Americas" Awards
- Published on Wednesday, 18 March 2015 09:47
BCI and our partners were recognized last week for our contributions to the North American Bat Monitoring Program (NABat) and Project EduBat – Education Taking Flight!
International Bat Monitoring Research Group Receives "Wings Across the Americas" Award
- Published on Wednesday, 11 March 2015 13:05
The North American Bat Monitoring Program (NABat) wins an award for BCI, the United States Geological Survey and other partners from around the world
IT’S TIME TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT WILDLIFE CRIME - 2015 World Wildlife Day
- Published on Monday, 02 March 2015 16:43
The United Nations General Assembly has proclaimed 3 March – as World Wildlife Day.
- Apply for BCI Scholarships & Grassroots Grants
- Project Edubat Inspires Kids to Learn about Bats and White-Nose Syndrome
- Deadly White-Nose Syndrome Impacts Bats at Mammoth Cave National Park
- Marketing and Communication Internship
- BCI urges San Antonio to continue aquifer protection
- New protective rule proposed for the northern long-eared bat
- Bracken Cave: an international treasure in San Antonio’s backyard
- Funding worries acquaint the eco-minded with strange bedfellows