Media & Education
- Published on Thursday, 07 May 2015 10:55
Sir David Attenborough recently aired his new documentary series, “Conquest of the Skies”, featuring in its final episode Borneo’s Gomantong cave
10 Amazing Bats of Texas to Celebrate Earth Day!
- Published on Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:35
Bat Conservation International will be at Earth Day Texas at Fair Park in Dallas on April 26 and will be bringing four of these species of live bats! Come visit us to learn more about our bat neighbors and say hello!
Hawaiian hoary bat to be named official state land mammal
- Published on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 11:36
On Wednesday, Gov. David Ige is expected to sign Senate Bill 1183, which will designate the Hawaiian hoary bat, also called ōpe‘ape‘a, as Hawaii’s official state land mammal.
US Department of Energy awards a share of $1.75 million to BCI to develop ultrasonic bat deterrent devices
- Published on Monday, 20 April 2015 14:13
BCI efforts to address the problem of protecting wildlife while enhancing the responsible operation of wind energy was boosted with funding from the US Department of Energy (DOE)
United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- Published on Friday, 17 April 2015 10:23
"This is a historic day for North American bats as they face threats far greater and widespread than they ever have before" says Mylea Bayless, BCI Senior Director for US/Canada Conservation.
WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED
- Published on Thursday, 16 April 2015 15:59
White-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Iowa. The disease of hibernating bats, having killed more than 5.7 million bats since 2006, continues to march westward.
Volunteer with BCI in Austin
- Published on Monday, 13 April 2015 14:47
Become one of our valuable volunteers at the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge in the center of downtown Austin!
Live Bats at the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll! BCI joins the National Park Foundation at the Easter event.
- Published on Friday, 03 April 2015 13:46
Families will meet four different bat species up close on the White House South Lawn and learn about the benefits bats have for our food production and healthy human lifestyles!
- Northern long-eared bat protected as a Threatened Species under Endangered Species Act
- BCI honored twice in the U.S. Forest Service's "Wings Across the Americas" Awards
- International Bat Monitoring Research Group Receives "Wings Across the Americas" Award
- IT’S TIME TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT WILDLIFE CRIME - 2015 World Wildlife Day
- Apply for BCI Scholarships & Grassroots Grants
- Project Edubat Inspires Kids to Learn about Bats and White-Nose Syndrome
- Deadly White-Nose Syndrome Impacts Bats at Mammoth Cave National Park
- Marketing and Communication Internship