Media & Education
Experts unite to save the Mexican long-nosed bat
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 17:32
Researchers, educators, and government representatives met in Austin last week to establish a comprehensive vision and action plan to help recover this migratory pollinator bat.
Batty Dating Advice to Impress Your Valentine
- Published on Friday, 12 February 2016 14:21
For many, finding a mate can be pretty stressful, but not for male bats; they pretty much have it down pat. Here’s some batty tips for the dating scene ....
2016 BCI Scholars Announced
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2016 10:40
Congratulations to the five recipient student scholars for our 2016 Small Grants program. Projects span research and community education in the Amazon, Argentina and Mexico.
We Have a Winner!
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 18:56
The first ever recipient of the Verne and Marion Read Bat Conservation Award is revealed! Congratulations Santiago Gamboa Alurralde!
Protecting the Cave of Love.
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 14:07
In a cave in Central Mexico, love blossoms for a very special bat - the Mexican long-nosed bat. The quest to save an endangered key pollinator.
Bat Conservation Africa Launches a New Chapter in Guinea
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 12:25
The BCA's network expansion into Guinea will serve as a collaborative effort to protect endangered bats and their disappearing habitats in Africa...
A Christmas Miracle
- Published on Thursday, 31 December 2015 09:37
The rare Florida bonneted bat, spotted once again! We celebrate the New Year with two new roosts found for the critcally endangered species.
Milestones That Make Us Smile
- Published on Tuesday, 22 December 2015 10:30
This year, BCI was marked by many achievements in the bat conversation arena. With your helping hand, BCI is able to protect the myriad of bat species that exist at home and around the world.
- Become a backyard bat researcher!
- Mauritius Bat Cull Update: Death toll exceeds 20,000.
- Support bat education this #GivingTuesday
- Applications open for BCI Small Grants program
- Ecuador launches the country’s first action plan for bats
- Fungus That Causes Bat Disease Detected in Nebraska
- Celebrate Halloween with a Night of Nocturnal Treats
- $100,000 in Grants Awarded to Fight Fungus