Media & Education
Bats bring us National Tequila Day!
- Published on Friday, 24 July 2015 10:52
As you sip a margarita today, pause to reflect on the contribution made to the tequila industry by often unacknowledged friends: long-nosed bats.
BCI Intern Spotlight!
- Published on Wednesday, 15 July 2015 13:38
What is it like to intern for BCI? Sean and Leila give us insight into their Summer Internship experience!
Bat in your house? Who are you going to call? Nuisance wildlife control officer!
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:09
While we love bats, we recognize not everyone wants them as a houseguest. Removing bats from your home or building is a major project, and as with any other large project on your home, you
No need for sophisticated hunting techniques: Equatorial bats live the easy life
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:00
Most of the world's bats use extremely sophisticated hunting techniques, but not bats around the equator. They use less sophisticated hunting techniques as their ancestors did millions of years ago.
Not Just the Birds and Bees – 6 Fast Facts About Pollinating Bats
- Published on Sunday, 14 June 2015 16:06
The birds and the bees may rule the daytime, but as soon as the sun sets, it is the bats that get to work pollinating. Worldwide, over 500 species of flowers in at least 67 plant families rely on bats as their major or exclusive pollinators. Not only are these little mammals important for pollinating so many plant species; they can be pretty darn cute too!
WNS Fungus Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:29
The fungus that causes white-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Oklahoma. The presence of this fungus in Delaware County, OK, makes this the westernmost case of the fungus
Women in Bat Conservation: Carol Chambers
- Published on Wednesday, 13 May 2015 07:30
Professor of Wildlife Ecology at School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University, who focuses upon bat habitat relationships - why they live where they do
- Published on Thursday, 07 May 2015 10:55
Sir David Attenborough recently aired his new documentary series, “Conquest of the Skies”, featuring in its final episode Borneo’s Gomantong cave
- Would there be Cinco de Mayo without bats?
- Women in Bat Conservation: Mylea Bayless
- Women in Bat Conservation: Susan Wallace
- 10 Amazing Bats of Texas to Celebrate Earth Day!
- Hawaiian hoary bat to be named official state land mammal
- US Department of Energy awards a share of $1.75 million to BCI to develop ultrasonic bat deterrent devices
- United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED