Media & Education
10 Amazing Bats of Texas to Celebrate Earth Day!
- Published on Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:35
Bat Conservation International will be at Earth Day Texas at Fair Park in Dallas on April 26 and will be bringing four of these species of live bats! Come visit us to learn more about our bat neighbors and say hello!
Hawaiian hoary bat to be named official state land mammal
- Published on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 11:36
On Wednesday, Gov. David Ige is expected to sign Senate Bill 1183, which will designate the Hawaiian hoary bat, also called ōpe‘ape‘a, as Hawaii’s official state land mammal.
US Department of Energy awards a share of $1.75 million to BCI to develop ultrasonic bat deterrent devices
- Published on Monday, 20 April 2015 14:13
BCI efforts to address the problem of protecting wildlife while enhancing the responsible operation of wind energy was boosted with funding from the US Department of Energy (DOE)
United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- Published on Friday, 17 April 2015 10:23
"This is a historic day for North American bats as they face threats far greater and widespread than they ever have before" says Mylea Bayless, BCI Senior Director for US/Canada Conservation.
WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED
- Published on Thursday, 16 April 2015 15:59
White-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Iowa. The disease of hibernating bats, having killed more than 5.7 million bats since 2006, continues to march westward.
Women in Bat Conservation: Angie McIntire
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 20:47
Meet Angie, this week's #ScienceWoman in bat conservation! Angie is the Statewide Bat Management Coordinator for the Arizona Game and Fish Department
Volunteer with BCI in Austin
- Published on Monday, 13 April 2015 14:47
Become one of our valuable volunteers at the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge in the center of downtown Austin!
Women in Bat Conservation: Kirsty Park
- Published on Wednesday, 08 April 2015 08:56
Biologist Kirsty Park would love to have the ability to fly, but she will need stronger nerves given she dislikes planes!
- Live Bats at the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll! BCI joins the National Park Foundation at the Easter event.
- Northern long-eared bat protected as a Threatened Species under Endangered Species Act
- Women in Bat Conservation: Laura Ellison
- Women in Bat Conservation: DeeAnn M. Reeder
- Women in Bat Conservation: Leslie Sturges
- Women in Bat Conservation: Norma Monfort
- Women in Bat Conservation: Loren Ammerman
- Women in Bat Conservation: Tigga Kingston