Media & Education
Job Opportunity at BCI: Major Gifts Coordinator
- Published on Thursday, 25 June 2015 09:55
BCI has an opening for a Major Gifts Coordinator in Austin, Texas. This position interacts with a wide spectrum of employees, volunteers and supporters, and will collaborate with program staff
No need for sophisticated hunting techniques: Equatorial bats live the easy life
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:00
Most of the world's bats use extremely sophisticated hunting techniques, but not bats around the equator. They use less sophisticated hunting techniques as their ancestors did millions of years ago.
Not Just the Birds and Bees – 6 Fast Facts About Pollinating Bats
- Published on Sunday, 14 June 2015 16:06
The birds and the bees may rule the daytime, but as soon as the sun sets, it is the bats that get to work pollinating. Worldwide, over 500 species of flowers in at least 67 plant families rely on bats as their major or exclusive pollinators. Not only are these little mammals important for pollinating so many plant species; they can be pretty darn cute too!
WNS Fungus Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:29
The fungus that causes white-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Oklahoma. The presence of this fungus in Delaware County, OK, makes this the westernmost case of the fungus
Women in Bat Conservation: Carol Chambers
- Published on Wednesday, 13 May 2015 07:30
Professor of Wildlife Ecology at School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University, who focuses upon bat habitat relationships - why they live where they do
- Published on Thursday, 07 May 2015 10:55
Sir David Attenborough recently aired his new documentary series, “Conquest of the Skies”, featuring in its final episode Borneo’s Gomantong cave
Would there be Cinco de Mayo without bats?
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 11:06
As you sip a margarita today, pause to reflect on the contribution made to the tequila industry by often unacknowledged friends: long-nosed bats.
Women in Bat Conservation: Mylea Bayless
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 08:00
We are lucky to have some of the most passionate Women in Bat Conservation here in BCI! Meet #ScienceWoman Mylea Balyess, our Senior Director of U.S. / Canada Conservation
- Women in Bat Conservation: Susan Wallace
- 10 Amazing Bats of Texas to Celebrate Earth Day!
- Hawaiian hoary bat to be named official state land mammal
- US Department of Energy awards a share of $1.75 million to BCI to develop ultrasonic bat deterrent devices
- United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED
- Women in Bat Conservation: Angie McIntire
- Volunteer with BCI in Austin