Media & Education
WNS Fungus Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:29
The fungus that causes white-nose syndrome has been confirmed in Oklahoma. The presence of this fungus in Delaware County, OK, makes this the westernmost case of the fungus
Bats Successfully Treated for WNS Released Back Into the Wild
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 08:12
Bats successfully treated for white-nose syndrome were released back into the wild in Missouri. These 150 bats were part of BCI-supported research and one of the first field trials of a biological control agent to control the fungus that causes WNS.
Women in Bat Conservation: Carol Chambers
- Published on Wednesday, 13 May 2015 07:30
Professor of Wildlife Ecology at School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University, who focuses upon bat habitat relationships - why they live where they do
- Published on Thursday, 07 May 2015 10:55
Sir David Attenborough recently aired his new documentary series, “Conquest of the Skies”, featuring in its final episode Borneo’s Gomantong cave
Would there be Cinco de Mayo without bats?
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 11:06
As you sip a margarita today, pause to reflect on the contribution made to the tequila industry by often unacknowledged friends: long-nosed bats.
Women in Bat Conservation: Mylea Bayless
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 08:00
We are lucky to have some of the most passionate Women in Bat Conservation here in BCI! Meet #ScienceWoman Mylea Balyess, our Senior Director of U.S. / Canada Conservation
Women in Bat Conservation: Susan Wallace
- Published on Wednesday, 29 April 2015 09:43
Great conservation work just wouldn't happen without passionate women like Susan who fund the research and conservation actions that help us protect the worlds endangered species.
10 Amazing Bats of Texas to Celebrate Earth Day!
- Published on Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:35
Bat Conservation International will be at Earth Day Texas at Fair Park in Dallas on April 26 and will be bringing four of these species of live bats! Come visit us to learn more about our bat neighbors and say hello!
- Hawaiian hoary bat to be named official state land mammal
- US Department of Energy awards a share of $1.75 million to BCI to develop ultrasonic bat deterrent devices
- United States, Mexico and Canada sign historic agreement to save the bats of North America
- WHITE-NOSE SYNDROME CONFIRMED IN IOWA; MORE THAN HALF OF ALL US STATES NOW AFFECTED
- Women in Bat Conservation: Angie McIntire
- Volunteer with BCI in Austin
- Women in Bat Conservation: Kirsty Park
- Live Bats at the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll! BCI joins the National Park Foundation at the Easter event.