Media & Education
New protective rule proposed for the northern long-eared bat
- Published on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 17:04
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) has released proposed new protections for the northern long-eared bat, Myotis septentrionalis. The USFWS is currently considering
Canada adds Three Bat Species to Endangered List
- Published on Thursday, 18 December 2014 14:38
The Government of Canada has added three species of bats to the List of Wildlife Species at Risk in Canada (also known as Schedule I of the Species at Risk Act) as Endangered due to the threat of White-nose Syndrome
Bracken Cave: an international treasure in San Antonio’s backyard
- Published on Monday, 24 November 2014 14:41
Former first lady Laura Bush founded Taking Care of Texas, a conservation initiative, in 2011. The group has joined with others to purchase land to help save the Bracken Cave bats
Funding worries acquaint the eco-minded with strange bedfellows
- Published on Friday, 21 November 2014 19:45
IN 1872 Ulysses Grant, America's 18th president, proposed Yellowstone, the world's first national park for "the benefit and enjoyment of the people"
Bats Battle Fungus Where They Sleep
- Published on Thursday, 13 November 2014 16:53
Imagine a world without bats — a world overrun with biting insects, a world where plants that rely upon bat pollinators might disappear. Debbie Buecher, a Tucson bat biologist, is trying to prevent that scenario from becoming a reality.
San Antonio Saves the Bat Cave, Protects Drinking Water in One Deal
- Published on Wednesday, 05 November 2014 13:29
It’s been a frightening year for the world’s largest bat colony, threatened by the specter of Texas sprawl.
Conservation Deal Saves the World’s Largest Bat Colony on Halloween
- Published on Thursday, 30 October 2014 16:42
City of San Antonio, The Nature Conservancy & Bat Conservation International purchase $20.5 million property in the Texas Hill Country to safeguard bats, water supply and endangered songbirds.
Ten reasons why bats are a lot cooler than you think
- Published on Thursday, 30 October 2014 12:42
A group of federal agencies want to let you in on a little secret: Bats are freaking rock stars
- Working the Night Shift
- New Video Provides Amazing Look In Bat Roost
- San Antonio votes YES to Save the Cave!
- Protect the Edwards Aquifer and Save the Cave
- Potential Bio-Control of WNS fungus
- Graduate Level Fellowship on Pollinators
- PhD Scholarship - Christmas Island Flying Fox
- Bats, Ebola, and Infectious Disease