Media & Education
Experts unite to save the Mexican long-nosed bat
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 17:32
Researchers, educators, and government representatives met in Austin last week to establish a comprehensive vision and action plan to help recover this migratory pollinator bat.
Disease that has killed millions of bats has now reached the West Coast
- Published on Thursday, 31 March 2016 17:16
White-nose Syndrome has been confirmed in Washington State - first case in the western United States.
Meet the women who make a difference for bats
- Published on Tuesday, 08 March 2016 08:56
Women have played a large role in bat conservation. We are celebrating their contributions as a part of International Women's Day and Women's History Month!
Bat Conservation International Welcomes New Senior Director of Conservation Science.
- Published on Friday, 04 March 2016 14:28
We are happy to announce that Winifred Frick, Ph.D., will join BCI as the new Senior Director of Conservation Science. Dr. Frick will oversee the organization’s conservation-related science programs and will help advance BCI’s relationships with its partners.
Batty Dating Advice to Impress Your Valentine
- Published on Friday, 12 February 2016 14:21
For many, finding a mate can be pretty stressful, but not for male bats; they pretty much have it down pat. Here’s some batty tips for the dating scene ....
2016 BCI Scholars Announced
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2016 10:40
Congratulations to the five recipient student scholars for our 2016 Small Grants program. Projects span research and community education in the Amazon, Argentina and Mexico.
We Have a Winner!
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 18:56
The first ever recipient of the Verne and Marion Read Bat Conservation Award is revealed! Congratulations Santiago Gamboa Alurralde!
Protecting the Cave of Love.
- Published on Tuesday, 02 February 2016 14:07
In a cave in Central Mexico, love blossoms for a very special bat - the Mexican long-nosed bat. The quest to save an endangered key pollinator.
- Bat Conservation Africa Launches a New Chapter in Guinea
- New Rule for Northern Long-eared Bat Fails to Address the Threat of White-Nose Syndrome
- A Christmas Miracle
- Milestones That Make Us Smile
- Become a backyard bat researcher!
- Mauritius Bat Cull Update: Death toll exceeds 20,000.
- Support bat education this #GivingTuesday
- Applications open for BCI Small Grants program