Media & Education
Wind industry to get proactive about bat conservation
- Published on Thursday, 03 September 2015 12:10
New industry guidelines aim to save thousands of bats each year by idling turbines at low wind speeds during peak bat migration season.
What's Singing Got to Do with It?
- Published on Thursday, 27 August 2015 17:46
Tucked away in a tiny tree hollow is a creature that loves to sing. Conventional wisdom might suggest it’s a bird. But don’t be fooled—it’s actually the male lesser short-tailed bat, Mystacina tuberculata.
Job Opportunity at BCI: BatAMP Project Manager
- Published on Monday, 24 August 2015 09:55
BCI has an opening for a BatAMP Project Manager. This position requires a highly trained, highly motivated individual willing and able to process, format, and manage acoustic datasets derived from a wide-variety of platforms .
Join us at the Austin Footwear Labs launch party!
- Published on Wednesday, 05 August 2015 17:33
Want to learn all about bats while enjoying free beer and food? You may even discover some cool shoes as well!
Batty poetry - Virginia Governor inspired by the Virginia big-eared bat
- Published on Wednesday, 29 July 2015 08:56
When the Virginia General Assembly designated the Virginia big-eared bat as the commonwealth’s official state bat in 2005, then Governor Mark Warner felt compelled to have a bit of fun with the declaration.
Bats bring us National Tequila Day!
- Published on Friday, 24 July 2015 10:52
As you sip a margarita today, pause to reflect on the contribution made to the tequila industry by often unacknowledged friends: long-nosed bats.
BCI Intern Spotlight!
- Published on Wednesday, 15 July 2015 13:38
What is it like to intern for BCI? Sean and Leila give us insight into their Summer Internship experience!
Bat in your house? Who are you going to call? Nuisance wildlife control officer!
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:09
While we love bats, we recognize not everyone wants them as a houseguest. Removing bats from your home or building is a major project, and as with any other large project on your home, you
- No need for sophisticated hunting techniques: Equatorial bats live the easy life
- Not Just the Birds and Bees – 6 Fast Facts About Pollinating Bats
- WNS Fungus Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Women in Bat Conservation: Carol Chambers
- Gomantong Cave
- Would there be Cinco de Mayo without bats?
- Women in Bat Conservation: Mylea Bayless
- Women in Bat Conservation: Susan Wallace