Media & Education
Support bat education this #GivingTuesday
- Published on Monday, 30 November 2015 09:15
This year we need your help to educate families and communities around the world about bats. We believe education is one of the greatest ways we can influence the future of the world’s 1331 species of bats and enable local communities to undertake conservation actions.
Applications open for BCI Small Grants program
- Published on Monday, 23 November 2015 11:05
BCI has opened applications for its small grants program to fund student projects focused on bat conservation priorities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
BCI Seeks Director of Conservation Science
- Published on Friday, 20 November 2015 10:45
The Director of Conservation Science will serve as principal science officer and manager of conservation-related scientific research and partnerships for Bat Conservation International.
Ecuador launches the country’s first action plan for bats
- Published on Tuesday, 17 November 2015 08:35
BCI is proud to congratulate our partners in Ecuador for launching the country’s first Action Plan for the Conservation of the Bats of Ecuador.
Fungus That Causes Bat Disease Detected in Nebraska
- Published on Thursday, 12 November 2015 10:55
The fungus known to cause white-nose syndrome (WNS) in hibernating bats was recently discovered for the first time in Nebraska.
Celebrate Halloween with a Night of Nocturnal Treats
- Published on Thursday, 15 October 2015 13:44
October 28, San Antonio- Celebrate the surprising connections bats have with our Halloween treats at our event at Freetail Brewing Company
$100,000 in Grants Awarded to Fight Fungus
- Published on Wednesday, 14 October 2015 10:00
For the second year, BCI and The Nature Conservancy are pleased to award $100,000 in funding to support critical research in the fight against White-nose Syndrome (WNS).
Say No to Killing 18,000 threatened Mauritian Flying Foxes
- Published on Sunday, 11 October 2015 13:06
The Mauritian government announced its plans to go forward with a plan to cull approximately 18,000 threatened Mauritian flying foxes – 20% of the global population!
- BCI awards Grassroots Grants for 2015
- Bats Worth Over $1 Billion to Corn Industry
- International Groups Forge a Global Alliance for Bat Conservation
- Wind industry to get proactive about bat conservation
- What's Singing Got to Do with It?
- Join us at the Austin Footwear Labs launch party!
- Batty poetry - Virginia Governor inspired by the Virginia big-eared bat
- Bats bring us National Tequila Day!